Community SERVICE-PROJECTS COMPLETED in 2020-2021
2021:July 2021 - the cRc agreed to build and fund the first 'TINY HOME" in the Food and Shelter home expansion, and donated more than $21,000 from our car show and other individual contributions to begin construction. No other car club that we know is this involved.
1. cRc establishes cutting edge webpage to assist anyone who is trying to navigate getting their COVID vaccines, updating it 2-3 times daily, registers dozens of at risk citizens for Covid shots between February and May.
2. Shovel snow for elderly and homebound. Thank you Zack Brulet and Terry O'Dea.
3. Thanks Neil Wood for your families donation to Food and Shelter of fried chicken in March.
4. Sponsored the Rose Rock Festival Car Show for the city of Noble - 113 cars in attendance, largest show ever. Parade of cars for the city and citizens.
5. Donated $230.00 to the noble High School Bears Band.
6. A large chest freezer was donated to the Food and Shelter kitchen in the club's name by cRc members Chuck and Linda Angie.
7. The crc turned out 50 cars in support of the Trails Country Club to support their membership drive following the year of COVID.
8. Donated $200.00+ to Food and Shelter from the sale of 50/50 pot tickets at the Trails show and shine. Thank you Zack for your winnings contribution.
9. Provided 25 cars for the Carlstone Living Center open house. Thank you Judy Ernst for inviting us to your nice event.
10. Conducted a record breaking car show for the Norman Veteran Center and donated $3,740.00 to their fund for helping their resident Vets with essential personal care items.
11. Provided era classic cars to the LYRIC THEATRE OF OKC for their production of GREASE in June 2021. Cars were used BOTH on stage and as backdrops for photos.
12. Staged a show and shine for Father's Day at VICTORY CHURCH on North Flood for members and guests of their congregation.
13. Assisted the Noble Chamber of Commerce by providing classic vehicles for a movie filming.
14. Donated, in conjunction with Thunderbird Casino, $1340 from our cRc - Thunderbird car show on July 3rd to Food and Shelter.
15. Held a show and shine at the Noble Senior Center.
16. Organized and ran a successful car show for the CLEVELAND COUNTY FREE FAIR, a well attended annual community event.
17. We put 10 classic cars into the Norman North Homecoming Parade. Transported a female running back for Little Ax high school in their parade, and then had 20 cars participate in the Norman High Tigers Homecoming Parade.
18. Provided cars to the annual Norman CROP-WALK in Andrews park.
19. Provided cars for a display at the annual Dale Graham Foundation Golf Tournament in OKC.
20. Conducted the fall Thunderbird Casino Car Show in which $3,800 was donated to the Indian Children's fund.
21. responded to Food and Shelter's need to get a Veteran's auto running again and donated a new battery and gasoline as well as aired the tires to get car ready for his new job. Oops- power steering also.
1. Raise money for Food and Shelter food bank which has been hard hit due to COVID - the club donated more than $7,500.00 to F&S March-April and then raised approximately $3,400 in October.
2. Sponsor a City of Nobel appreciation parade - 27 cars -April
3. Collect and donate more than 300 hot-rod and sports car magazines to the Norman Veteran Center. -January
4. Provide 6 classic cars to the University of Oklahoma and coach Lincoln Riley for a photo shoot. -April
5. Conduct a City of Norman worker appreciation parade - 29 cars -April
6. Repair and rebuild a 2008 Volvo 4dr for another community service group to donate to a family in need at BRIDGES. -February
7. Provide a theme classic car (James Bond era) for the Norman Regional Health Foundation Gala. Thanks Chuck Anderson and your Austin-Healey. -February
8. Raise and donate funds for the purchase of picnic tables and umbrellas for the Norman Veterans Center. $750 donated. -May
9. Donate and deliver backpacks for needy to Food and Shelter. 51 backpacks collected and donated. January-February
10. Conduct an appreciation parade for healthcare workers and residents of Arbor House. 24 cars -April
11. Conduct a worker appreciation parade for Food and Shelter, 24 cars - April
12. Conduct a Memorial weekend classic car parade at Norman Veteran Center with 18 cars participating.
13. July 8th conduct a parade to Newcastle to help a 6 year old celebrate his birthday. 11 cars.
14. cRc members have participated in monthly, Norman Main Street, classic car parades to bring attention to downtown businesses.
15. The cRc Autumn fundraiser for Food and Shelter has raised over $2,400.
16. Twenty cRc members conducted a classic car birthday parade, at the Norman Veterans’ Center, to celebrate the 102nd birthday of a Navy Veteran.
17. Participated with the City of Norman in conducting the Cleveland County Veterans Parade.
18. Dec 4 - Provided classic cars to the OU athletic department for an upcoming recruiting films.
19. Participated in the Noble Christmas Parade
20.Midway Grocery gives $750.00 to Food and Shelter!
21. cRc cars participated in the annual Norman Christmas Parade.